Whack Your Turkey Rally, Sunday, 11/18/2012! (STILL ON!)

Post topics about banquets, picnics, and other social events here.
jont

Post by jont »

I think we'd accept having at least one CCA member in a car, wouldn't we, Ron?
-Jon Trudel, #163357

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

jont wrote:The rally is a GO!
[...]
At present, there aren't too many participants, so this is anyone's rally. Gas appears to be available to those that need it (we saw little in the way of lines), so please feel free to sign up at your earliest convenience. (email your info to rallymaster@njbmwcca.org).

Hope to see you on the 18th!
Ron, Jon,

The bummer for me is the "2 adults max, no kids" provision.
That basically means that I either need to (1). hire a babysitter to go to this gig, or (2). hide the kids in the trunk, or (3). find another partner for the rally and somehow explain that to my wife. So far, (call him/her my biographer? ;-) None of the three options is particularly attractive.

The anti-kids angle embedded in the rules really sucks for those of us who have them!

alex f

jont

Post by jont »

afadeev wrote:
[...]
At present, there aren't too many participants, so this is anyone's rally. Gas appears to be available to those that need it (we saw little in the way of lines), so please feel free to sign up at your earliest convenience. (email your info to rallymaster@njbmwcca.org).

Ron, Jon,

That basically means that I either need to (1). hire a babysitter to go to this gig, or (2). hide the kids in the trunk, or (3). find another partner for the rally and somehow explain that to my wife. So far, (call him/her my biographer? ;-) None of the three options is particularly attractive.

The anti-kids angle embedded in the rules really sucks for those of us who have them!

alex f
Alex, perhaps you misread? Children are definitely welcome! We have the Family/Fun group expressly for that purpose. If you are bringing children, we need to have permission forms filled out for each child you bring.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

jont wrote:
afadeev wrote:
[...]

Ron, Jon,

alex f
Alex, perhaps you misread? Children are definitely welcome! We have the Family/Fun group expressly for that purpose. If you are bringing children, we need to have permission forms filled out for each child you bring.
Jon,
I should have been more specific: bringing children bumps you into "all other" Family/Fun group == no glory!
"Competition group competes for points in our chapter's Driver of the Year event, and is limited to cars having only a driver and navigator. The Family/Fun group is for all other competitors - Children are welcome!"

As silly as it sounds - if there is a competition taking place, IMHO it would suck to be excluded from participating on the count of having children.

But I am a competitive @#$%, others and obviously yourself, may feel differently.

alex f

P.S.: Yes, they have eyes and ears, but anyone who can succeed in directing them into a productive pursuit deserves a mini-nobel peace prize.

DougDish

Post by DougDish »

Alex, you are in the lead for the champ series, suck it up and go for the rally points. Have your wife and kids meet everyone at the finish point for lunch. Partner with a rally veteran like Neil and capture as many points as you can. When the pinewood event arrives you will be grateful for the effort put into this rally.

Doug (Current Champ Series Cup Holder)
2017 Silverado 1500
2017 GTC4Lusso
2011 458 Italia
2008 E82

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

DougDish wrote:Alex, you are in the lead for the champ series, suck it up and go for the rally points. Have your wife and kids meet everyone at the finish point for lunch. Partner with a rally veteran like Neil and capture as many points as you can. When the pinewood event arrives you will be grateful for the effort put into this rally.

Doug (Current Champ Series Cup Holder)

Doug,

Interesting possibility.
Now all I need is a reference to good marriage counselor or a divorce attorney, and the champ series cup could become the most expensive trophy for which I've ever competed !

Neil,
What do you do for a living?

alex f

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

Doug,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Alex,

I would like to help you out for the Rally however I am planning on running it with my GF who has never been on a Rally. That's going to be my handicap this year.

Since you asked aboout my occupation, I am a remodeling contractor.

I'll look froward to seeing you at the Rally.

Neil

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

NeilE30 wrote:Doug,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Alex,

I would like to help you out for the Rally however I am planning on running it with my GF who has never been on a Rally. That's going to be my handicap this year.

Since you asked aboout my occupation, I am a remodeling contractor.

I'll look froward to seeing you at the Rally.

Neil

Neil,
I'm sure you are an awesome rally-guru and a remodeling master (BTW, do you do garages? If yes - lets talk!), alas, I'm presently in need of a rally partner/marriage counselor/divorce attorney (CCA discount?).

To a perspective rally partner: - think of the 11/18 rally as a business development opportunity.

Anyone?

How about if I throw in 2x in one outing - Neil may be putting his relationship on the line as well !

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

RonG

Post by RonG »

jont wrote:I think we'd accept having at least one CCA member in a car, wouldn't we, Ron?
I agree, one member per car would satisfy the membership requirement.
afadeev wrote:The bummer for me is the "2 adults max, no kids" provision. That basically means that I either need to (1). hire a babysitter to go to this gig, or (2). hide the kids in the trunk, or (3). find another partner for the rally and somehow explain that to my wife.
I was going to suggest this option and I see it has already occurred to you. We would require some proof of compliance at the finish. An in-car cell phone recording of your run would suffice, provided it picks up their plaintive cries to be released from the trunk.

:wink:
2011 Azurite Black/Oyster Individual 335xi
2003 Black Sapphire/Natural Brown 330Ci
2022 San Remo Green/Oyster 430i

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

Alex,

I am no counselor or lawyer for that purpose, but would be happy to serve as a qualified copilot if you are interested!

For what it is worth, I am also not a biographer and do not reside in Tampa Bay! 8)
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

Marc, have you found anyone to run the Rally with?

Neil

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

Neil, thanks for inquiring!

Yes, I will be running with ccraig13.

I will see you all tomorrow morning! (really looking forward to this event!)
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

dbcafy

Post by dbcafy »

Shocking - I gave my son a choice betwen this or the Coffee & Crossonts meeting. He picked the our Whack your Turkey. It's going to be interesting.

I hope we don't get lost :shock:

Dave
2011 M3 sedan, ZCP, DCT, Dinan Exhaust, aFe Intake
2003 540i, M-Sports Pkg (retired)

jlnmd

Post by jlnmd »

Great Rally!! Thanks Jon and Ron. More challenging than last year's, ergo more fun.

ccraig13

Post by ccraig13 »

I can't wait till next year's!
2007 328xi E92 6MT Jet Black/Coral Red