First Annual Alken Invitational

Have something to say about autocross? This is the place.
mmarvuglio

Post by mmarvuglio »

alken wrote:Ok - the day is fast approaching. I'm very excited, as are the group of my novice guests. About 10 of my friends will be driving on Sunday, most on their debut autocross.

I thank the regular members in advance for their patience with my group. Also, may I ask the help of any of the more experienced guys and instructors to lend a hand with these guys. They'll be the ones who look like deer in headlights.

My best men are arranging a casual dinner later in the evening. If any of you are interested in attending, please email me directly at alken17@optonline.net. Details/location are not set, but we will allow time for everyone to get cleaned up and changed.

We looked into getting some food delivered to the site during the event, but given that PNC does not allow outside vendors for catering, etc, no one was willing to commit to it. We did not explore using the facility's services.

Anyway - thanks again to the autox committee and the club for their hard work. See you on Sunday!

Ken
You know I'm glad to help, and I'm always willing to give ride alongs.

edit: Bouncing off the walls does not adequately describe my excitement!

alken

Post by alken »

Getting excited - please do whater anti-foul-weather dance you can...

If any of you have spare helmets you are comfortable lending out, please consider bringing them. I'm pretty confident the loaners on hand will suffice, but a couple extras can't hurt.

Thanks!

PS - I've emailed the registration form to my group. Hopefully they'll bring it with them..

rumatt

Post by rumatt »

Damn, looks like fun. Sorry I'll be away.

BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

Post by BJerolimic »

alken wrote:Getting excited - please do whater anti-foul-weather dance you can...

If any of you have spare helmets you are comfortable lending out, please consider bringing them. I'm pretty confident the loaners on hand will suffice, but a couple extras can't hurt.

Thanks!

PS - I've emailed the registration form to my group. Hopefully they'll bring it with them..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO RAIN OR SNOW

and gone but not forgotten:
'00 323Ci Steel Grey / Black Dinan & UUC & Schnitzer mods
'89 325iX Diamond Black / Black 4dr 5spd Dinan chip, Ireland exhaust, H&R+Koni
'01 525iTa

alken

Post by alken »

I have an image of Brent praying to a bong.

Whatever works.

mmarvuglio

Post by mmarvuglio »

Well I've been blessed with a chest cold :x So standing out in the cold and driving with a half baked brain is out. Really sorry I'm going to miss this one!
Wish you guys luck. I'll be doing anti-rain dances in my head.

Atleast I'll get to watch the F1 race.