Best way to get dealer service info on a used BMW?

nj325ci

Best way to get dealer service info on a used BMW?

Post by nj325ci »

I’m looking at a 135 sitting at a non-BMW dealer. I’m looking to get the build sheet, in service info and dealer service records as I would if I was buying it from a BMW dealer. Does anyone have recommendations on contacts at any of our preferred dealers to get this info, if in fact they’d provide it? Also, any recommendations on shops or dealers for prepurchase inspection in Somerset or Hunterdon county?

Thanks very much, Bill

m20power

Re: Best way to get dealer service info on a used BMW?

Post by m20power »

Our dealer (Bridgewater) will run a VIN and provide service history (only dealer service) and open recalls. You can get build sheet here https://www.mdecoder.com/ Carfax for other service / events. HTH
'11 335i Convertible - Street
'02 325Ci - Street
'97 M3 Coupe - Street
'17 340i - Wife's ride
No automatics!

nj325ci

Post by nj325ci »

Thanks very much, that’s great. Would they also conduct a presale inspection for a fee? It would be a great way to get a comfort level and also a relationship with the dealership

Thanks, Bill

m20power

Post by m20power »

I'm sure they'd do a PPI - great dealership in my opinion - honest and competent. Be sure to tell them you're a club member.
'11 335i Convertible - Street
'02 325Ci - Street
'97 M3 Coupe - Street
'17 340i - Wife's ride
No automatics!

nj325ci

Post by nj325ci »

Will do, thanks

BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

Post by BJerolimic »

Bill,

I can possibly get service records that were done under warranty from a contact I have but I haven't had much luck getting service history from outside of the warranty period. Apparently you have to get that from the dealer who did the servicing

Also I haven't had luck, twice now, to do PPI for me when looking at Bimmers out of state. In both instances the actual owner of the vehicle has to order the PPI and take the car in since they own the car.

Send me the VIN if you still have my email address

and gone but not forgotten:
'00 323Ci Steel Grey / Black Dinan & UUC & Schnitzer mods
'89 325iX Diamond Black / Black 4dr 5spd Dinan chip, Ireland exhaust, H&R+Koni
'01 525iTa

nj325ci

Post by nj325ci »

Thanks Jeremy, hope all is well. I just found another vehicle with very complete records so I’m not going after the first one after all. Thanks everyone for your help, Bridgewater was awesome as suggested and was ready to do the PPI if I hadn’t found the other vehicle.

So there is a 135is 6 speed still available at the Jeep dealer in Bridgewater if anyone is looking for a beast!!