WTB various Parts for new daily e30 318is

Just strip out a track car? Looking to restore an old bimmer? Check out these listings.
zmbluedevil

WTB various Parts for new daily e30 318is

Post by zmbluedevil »

Found them all thanks guys!

Im in South Orange. Thanks.
Last edited by zmbluedevil on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mderienzo

Post by mderienzo »

I have an E30 318is that I'm currently looking after and driving as often as I can.

With the exception of the exhaust, the rest of the parts are shared with the E30 325i/is.

My recommendations are as follows: I'd replace the shock mounts with E30 convertible rear shock mounts (don't forget mount gaskets) and the brakes with Balo rotors / PBR deluxe pads and change the fluid with your choice of DOT4 (don't forget to bleed the clutch at the same time). I'd buy this stuff new from your favorite supplier - bimmerparts.com is a sponsor here and their prices and service are good.

Why "US elips with connectors"? Why not swap in a set of E-Code Hella H4/H1 headlights - Low Beam P/N=71456, High Beam P/N=71156. These are direct replacements for the (dangerous) US DOT sealed beams and, IMHO, have a far better light output and beam pattern than US Ellipsoid headlights. The Hellas are $50-60 each, but used sets come up on ebay for cheaper all the time. No wiring required for these to work. I switched my 325is track car over to these or something similar from US Ellipsoids to improve the light output once the fog lights were replaced by brake ducts.

Do you need a set of wheels for the snow tires? I have lots of good (mostly round) E30 bottle caps without tires hanging around.

Mark

zmbluedevil

Various items 4 e30 - willing to trade

Post by zmbluedevil »

found the original list new listed posted on new thread.