Anyone want to race the 24 Hours of LeMons at Summit Point?

Use this forum to talk about club racing.
sab0276

Anyone want to race the 24 Hours of LeMons at Summit Point?

Post by sab0276 »

I had 2 drivers bag out due to work or family commitments. So I need atleast 1 more driver to feild a team. There is only 60 teams registered so far. There was 145 teams at Nelson Ledges and we took 5th overall. Our chances of winning are are a lot better with a smaller field and less chance of contact.

The car is a 1991 318iS that is lightly moded. It is fast and reliable. We had 2nd fastest lap times at both events and have never been in the pits for repairs <knocks on wood>. See here for our build info.
http://DTMLemons.blogspot.com

The dates are Sat & Sun June 19-20. It's only $650 all inclusive to play. That covers cost of all entry fees, cost of consumables (tires, brakes, oil change, etc), cost of race fuel, transporting the car (and drivers who wish to ride with me) to and from event, and all other misc costs. The only other thing you would have to pay for is food and hotel.

NASA is having their Hyperfest there the same weekend, so should be an automotive extravaganza. That weekend will be like an automotive version of Woodstock! If you don't have fun, you need to have your car nut membership card revoked. :lol:

-Scott
Last edited by sab0276 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MyTrackSchedule.com
Duct Tape Motorsports
1991 318is LeMons
1974 2002tii
'01 BMW M Roadster
'07 MCS

kishg

Post by kishg »

Really wish I could but I'm already going to be gone for 4 straight days at the glen that week and another 3 at summit immediately after might put me in divorce territory :) Even I know my limits haha..

staianoa

So close!!

Post by staianoa »

Agggh! If it were just a week later I could commit but as it stands, I'll likely still be stuck over here. Good luck to you all and have a great time!!!

Kosla

Post by Kosla »

Since I don't think we can get our car ready in time for this race. I would love to join you guys.
I have done two 24hrs of Lemons races (Nelson Ledges in October and CMP in February) and one ChumpCar race at VIR a week ago.

I don't know how many drivers you are looking for but if you need more than one, my friend John Zemkowski would also be interested.

Mark W