Anyone here into club racing?

Use this forum to talk about club racing.
rmani

Anyone here into club racing?

Post by rmani »

Hey I'm interested in getting into club racing and want to learn more. Does BMWCCA offer a club racing circuit?

Club racing is competitive racing against others on a real track correct?

Where can I go to learn more?

2000 Ferrari 360
2003 BMW X5 4.6is
2004 Yamaha R1
2006 BMW 325i

1995 BMW M3 (Sold)

RacerDoc

Post by RacerDoc »

E30M3

Post by E30M3 »

Yes. And you're correct that it's real competitive racing, on real tracks.

Several members of the New Jersey Chapter are very active in BMW CCA Club Racing

For more info go to: http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com

There is also excellent coverage of club racing events in the "Racing Lines" department in the Roundel.

- Dave

davidmcintyre

Post by davidmcintyre »

RacerDoc wrote:TRY WWW.THEMCLUB.NET
He said racing.

Try http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com

To get involved you should either start attending driver schools to learn how to drive quickly on a track safely, or take a racing school. There are many to choose from. BMW CCA club racing also offers several racing schools a year, but they typically require "green" or advanced driver school levels.

-Dave

mgershanok

Post by mgershanok »

It all depends what do you mean by racing. We at the M-club (www.themclub.net) offer few different variations of competitive non-contact time trial type events, including Solo I and Hot Lap Trials at the HPDE days, which are not considered or intended to be wheel to wheel racing (even vintage) in any shape or form, following all the rules of conduct at the DE events - running with transponders in the advanced group. If you're looking for real racing introduction - the club racing (BMW CCA for example) would be the proper place to explore. I'm sure, that you can meet and speak to the racers/ instructors at any of the NJBMWCCA track days to orient yourself in that direction. Michael G.