Original Sticker - Optional Equipment

snoweeowl

Original Sticker - Optional Equipment

Post by snoweeowl »

Would anyone know if there is a way to get a copy of the original sticker that came with a car? I was told you can get one through BMW - I've emailed BMW of NA to inquire but didn't receive a response.

I bought a used '01 Z3 and for the most part I can figure out what equipment was optional but there's always a little gray. I would also like to know the sticker price.

My car came with an M steering wheel and M shifter and seats which I assume is just for show. Is it possible the suspension is different as well?

PS - This is the first used car I ever bought and now I wonder why I waited so long. This car is great - it drives and feels like new. Looks it too.

Thanks.

sgoatley2001e46

Post by sgoatley2001e46 »

I'm not sure, but I think the dealer can provide you a full list by using the service department. They won't be able to provide an actual window sticker, but I'm sure by your VIN they should have all the correct information.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

snoweeowl

Post by snoweeowl »

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Would you know if the M steering wheel and M shifter are any indication of a different suspension?

sgoatley2001e46

Post by sgoatley2001e46 »

I don't know if the steering wheel and shifter are indications of a suspension upgrade or not. Not likely since other BMW's have had sport appearance packages in the past, but no suspension upgrades. We'd have to check with Z owners, but I think that they started using the M Sport wheel in Z3's as standard equipment in 2000. If you have the steering wheel, shift knob, plus sport seats and sport wheels, then it's HIGHLY likely you have a complete sport package with suspension upgrades. Sorry I can't be of greater help.

snoweeowl

Post by snoweeowl »

You have been very helpful, thanks. I do have the seats and upgraded wheels too.

I'll have to see if I can get some help from a friendly dealer.