Looking for tire recommendations for Z4.

davec

Post by davec »

Norbert, I'm considering swapping out my 18 inch OEM RFTs for non RFT. If you decide to go with the RFT and are interested in saving some $ on tires with about 1200 miles on them (break in period, so I couldn't even abuse them!) let me know. I have a van and could bring them by if you are in North or North Central Jersey.

Other than that, I'll probably get the RE-01s if I don't go with an all season. Tirerack has great things to say about them. So I bet that would be a good choice.

brunhuber

Post by brunhuber »

Performing a bit of necrothread magic here to reconsider my tire options for my Z4 sport package (18 in wheels). To recap, I'm looking for non runflats, summer only tires that will be used for the street and the monthly autocrosses.

In tire rack's "extreme" category, these are the tires available to me:

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 $1,060 (set of 4; $990 after a rebate)
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec $860
Hankook Ventus R-S3 $780
Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 $970

What do you all think? Here's a linkto them all.

--Norbert

number57

Post by number57 »

I would try the new Michelin pilot super sport. Should have just as good dry grip, with a marginally better ride quality. Might be a better dd.

If you're limited to the above choices, I'd go with the star specs. They're about as stiff as you can get, but a solid performer no matter the conditions.

jont

Post by jont »

number57 wrote:I would try the new Michelin pilot super sport. Should have just as good dry grip, with a marginally better ride quality. Might be a better dd.

If you're limited to the above choices, I'd go with the star specs. They're about as stiff as you can get, but a solid performer no matter the conditions.
I'd love it if Tire Rack started selling Falken tires, especially to see how they compare to the tires in your list. I had a set of the Azenis RT-615s on my M5 last year and they were great on the street and track, but at the end of last year, one of them bubbled and warped on the inside edge. I need new rears for my M5 for the Spring, and also a new set for my Z3. I'll probably go with the Direzzas for it, though
-Jon Trudel, #163357

MrMCoupe

Post by MrMCoupe »

I have the Star specs on my MCoupe and a new set of Neovas for the M3. Fitment has always been a challenge. All of the top brands are good tires.

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

In general, i must admit that I have a tendency to swear by Michelin only but based on the Roundel article, it definitely seems that the new Pilot Super Sport (PSS) will be a heck of a tire... for a price similar to the PS2s (at least so they say).
Tred count is also 300!

Check out the article as they list the sizes in which it will come too.

I am now waiting to get some for my 19"!
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!