CDV delete

NJMotorsport

CDV delete

Post by NJMotorsport »

I pickup up a 2007 M Coupe back in Jan and was wondering if anyone here knows or has done a clutch delay valve deletion from their Z4 and what impact it had on the feel of the car. From what I have heard its a no brainer and should be done. However, I think that the feel of the clutch is great.

alken

Post by alken »

It is a simple and effective mod. But if you're happy with the feel of the clutch, don't bother. I suggest finding a similar Z4 that has undergone the CDV delete and give it a test drive. You may simply not know what you're missing!

As for the actual job, here is a link to UUC's tech article about it:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techt ... _valve.htm

Good luck!

Ken
ImageImage

badbadm

Post by badbadm »

IMO it is unnecessary in that car. Not that you asked. :wink:

ThumpersGP

Post by ThumpersGP »

badbadm wrote:IMO it is unnecessary in that car. Not that you asked. :wink:
I agree completely...my 2006 MZ4coupe clutch feels perfect..

Ray

victory1auto

Post by victory1auto »

I agree that if you are satisfied with the engagement characteristics of your clutch [this goes beyond pedal feel], then leave well enough alone.

Also, it's even more important to include the clutch circuit in your yearly brake-fluid changing regimen when your Bimmer has a clutch-delay valve.

-Vic

NJMotorsport

Post by NJMotorsport »

Yeah, I thought it felt good, but you start reading these testimonials and the 20 lb brains talking and you start to wonder. I will sniff out someone this summer at an autocross that had it done and do the pepsi challenge like Ken suggested. Thanks for your $0.02 guys.

ThumpersGP

confession ,update ,or whatever you want to call it ....

Post by ThumpersGP »

I know a little over a month ago I responded saying that my clutch was perfect . well here's a little change in my feelings on that..
as I became more comfortable with my MZ4coupe,I started to feel when i am shifting quickly,I found that the clutch engagement was quite as positive as i would expect.

After reviewing certain individual testimonies on different sites ,I figured I'd give it a shot . I removed the CDV,it was very easy and only took me about 15 minutes once it was on the lift.

My god,what a difference !! I am very satisfied with it..clutch engagement is very predictable now.Even heel/toe downshifting is much easier.

It is a very easy mod for this model, it can be reversed very easily.I have heard that certain other bmw models have a different CDV setup,possibly requiring a "modified" adapter to replace the CDV.

HTH

Ray

NJMotorsport

Post by NJMotorsport »

Thanks for your feedback... I may just do that, whenever I get back to the states to drive it lol.