Need windshield for E36 M3

davidmcintyre

Need windshield for E36 M3

Post by davidmcintyre »

Sometime during the past two years of storage, the windshield on my E36 M3 race/rally car was badly cracked, and needs to be replaced. Looking for recommendations.

I would really rather not use Safelite. They replaced the windshield several years ago, and their incompetence nearly made us miss the Targa. They just sawed the old gasket in half, installed a non-M3 windshield that didn't fit, and then caulked the two halves of the gasket together. Later we realized that the windshield didn't fit at all, and so I have big gaps at the bottom we've filled in with silicone caulk to keep rain out (and that's failed now).

Is there anyone who will use an actual M3 windshield, and put it into an actual M3 gasket? Willing to pay the price, just want high quality work.

Thanks, Dave

davidmcintyre

Post by davidmcintyre »

Or should I just take it to JMK body shop?

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

I just had my windshield replaced at C&D autobody who uses a guy who is truly an expert.
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

mr325is

Post by mr325is »

Take it to Vicari Motors in Frenctown.

Bizarre

Re: Need windshield for E36 M3

Post by Bizarre »

Just jumping in to say you're right about being wary of Safelite. Had an e30 windshield replaced by them, and the guy put the gasket back with what looked like a big meat hook. No surprise, he placed 2 nice scratches into the A pillar.

Vlad