LOCKED ONLY KEY in Trunk of E46

unknXwn

LOCKED ONLY KEY in Trunk of E46

Post by unknXwn »

Yup. Whole car locked with the fob. I went out to get something from the trunk, ended up leaving the keys in it.

So, does anyone know of a place that'll cut a simple spare key for me, for under $100?

Money is tight, as I have been out of work due to hand injury, and car insurance caught up to me with last year's mishaps....big time.
Passed on:
1990 535i white

davidmcintyre

Post by davidmcintyre »

Me, I'd have the rear seat cushion out and make a small hole with a sawzall like device to get the keys. You'd never see the hole again, and it might come in handy.

I guess the car didn't have the ski pass through option?

unknXwn

Post by unknXwn »

Me, I'd have the rear seat cushion out and make a small hole with a sawzall like device to get the keys. You'd never see the hole again, and it might come in handy.

When I say I locked the whole car with the fob, I mean the whole car is locked. I can't get into the cabin without setting off the immobilizer.
Passed on:
1990 535i white

mmarv

Post by mmarv »

unknXwn wrote:

When I say I locked the whole car with the fob, I mean the whole car is locked. I can't get into the cabin without setting off the immobilizer.
Call a Locksmith (AAA?). They can jimmy it relatively easy. Getting a cheap fob/valet key, not so easy.
-------------------------
2017 BMW M2

RAYADAM

Post by RAYADAM »

A cut non remote master key can be had 1-2 days at your dealer. I am not sure where you are located,If your close by ..I can help get into the car.
If you decide that the car is safe (and not needed) ,be sure to bring license and proof of ownership to the dealer to order the key..they can put a rush on it and should be under $100 (remeber a NON remote master) ,not a valet key.
Ray
2011 X5d
2018 Shelby GT350

unknXwn

Post by unknXwn »

A cut non remote master key can be had 1-2 days at your dealer. I am not sure where you are located,If your close by ..I can help get into the car.
If you decide that the car is safe (and not needed) ,be sure to bring license and proof of ownership to the dealer to order the key..they can put a rush on it and should be under $100 (remeber a NON remote master) ,not a valet key.
I live in Brick, NJ by the way. I'll probably need the car by Wednesday the latest.

Thanks for the input.
Passed on:
1990 535i white

RAYADAM

Post by RAYADAM »

Little too far for me sorry :( , I am sure the guys at Circle BMW can help you get the key fast .
Ray
2011 X5d
2018 Shelby GT350

unknXwn

Post by unknXwn »

That's okay, I appreciate the offer. I'll talk to Tim at Circle on Monday. Just sucks this had to happen at such a financially bad time.
Passed on:
1990 535i white

jont

Post by jont »

unknXwn wrote:That's okay, I appreciate the offer. I'll talk to Tim at Circle on Monday. Just sucks this had to happen at such a financially bad time.
One other possibility is to find a friend with AAA, they could help if your friend's there at your place when they call in...
-Jon Trudel, #163357

unknXwn

Post by unknXwn »

Thanks for your help everyone. I went to Circle and ordered a couple keys. They'll be in tomorrow morning.
Passed on:
1990 535i white

TimCircleBMW

Glad they could help.

Post by TimCircleBMW »

See, the price wasnt so bad on keys... If you go NonRemote, they are priced pretty good. - Tim
Tim M

1995 BMW M5 Euro Daytona Violet
1985 Subaru BRAT GL
1992 Mercedes 300D
1998 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
2021 Toyota Tundra 1794 TRD Offroad

unknXwn

Post by unknXwn »

They are priced well when non coded, but I accidentally ordered a valet key first, and realizing I had just bought a key that only opens the driver door and ignition, I was like crap I need the wallet key instead. But the order couldn't be reversed, even after only a few minutes. So I had two order a wallet and valet.

And Tim, can I pick up the keys after 5pm? Or can you put them somewhere for me?
Passed on:
1990 535i white

sgoatley2001e46

Post by sgoatley2001e46 »

If you can get the cabin open, couldn't you just pop the trunk by hitting the trunk release under the driver side dash? I'd imagine that you could have slipped a thin/long metal stick through and pushed the unlock button on the console...