Body shop recommendation (for Audi), Princeton/Trenton area

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
mcahn

Body shop recommendation (for Audi), Princeton/Trenton area

Post by mcahn »

Can anyone recommend a body shop in the Princeton/Trenton area? My son's Audi A4 was side-swiped while parked on the street in Trenton. They managed to hit both the front and rear fenders and both doors. It's a 1998 with a fair amount of mileage, so I'm not looking for the most fantastic job, just someplace decent at a reasonable price. Thanks!

jnscaldwell

Post by jnscaldwell »

Might be a little bit of a hike for you, but right off Rt. 130 near Hamilton Square is a place called Ricos Auto Body. Great people, family business, and excellent work. They've been around for 40 years and have done work on several cars for us. They did an insurance repair from a deer hit on my wife's E46 last year and it was perfect. They're a preferred shop for NJM insurance customers if that happens to be your carrier.

www.ricosautobody.com

Good luck.

Jeff C.
17 F15 X5 40e
17 F25 X3 28i MSport
11 E92 M3 ZCP
04 E46 325cic
93 E36 325is - JS #172
12 Ford F350 King Ranch dually

mcahn

Post by mcahn »

Thanks Jeff. Yes, it's a bit of a hike, but it's worth a bit of hike to go somewhere good. As far as insurance goes, the damage estimate was more than the market value, so Progressive totaled it and gave me a check.

Matthew

JeffNJM3

Post by JeffNJM3 »

Pictures?

You might be best off buying some used doors and a used fender, then take it to maaco, have them fix the 1/4 and paint the entire car. Just a thought.

Jeff
Jeff Burgess
Member # 190685
1989 BMW M3
2001 BMW M3 vert
1990 Mustang Lx 5.0 vert - FOR SALE
2005 Nissan Xterra on 33's - FOR SALE

mcahn

Post by mcahn »

Thanks. The upshot is that I've left it at Coleman Collision on Olden Ave. in Trenton. I've been there before (with a VW Passat) and they did a reasonable, moderately-priced job. They said they could do the repair for about what Progressive paid out. That's with used doors, so the effect will probably be similar to what you're suggesting.

When someone runs into my M3 I'll follow Jeff Caldwell's advice and take it to Rico's.