New subject car for Newsletter articles

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
320iJT

New subject car for Newsletter articles

Post by 320iJT »

Since I've made references to a 89 Jaguar XJ6 and 1983 Mercedes 300d in my last two articles, I figured I needed to get back to basics and return to BMW references. What better way to do that then buy another car to add to the collection. Its a 1996 740il I bought at the dealer auction. Yes, my boss didn't realize the trouble I can cause with a bidders pass and free range of the auction house. It needs a few things but overall, its a good car.

Here are some preview pictures. You've seen it here first before the article is written.

~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

That air bag looks funny. Wasn't this car on CL for a while? It does look familiar. Looks good though! Those E38's can be had for a decent price now and I do like their body style, it looked more "classic". Good project car! Enjoy!

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

Air bag is normal. Maybe its just the picture. I got it at a dealer auction and it came out of Long Island. I don't know if the dealer tried to put it on CL or not. So far I bought a headlight lens, foglights, and a new radiator. I also realized I should stick with e21's. This thing is a pain in the butt to work on.
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

MrMCoupe

Post by MrMCoupe »

They are not that bad. Let me know if you need help. I have the manual and the VANOS tools.

Mark Mallory

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

MrMCoupe wrote:They are not that bad. Let me know if you need help. I have the manual and the VANOS tools.

Mark Mallory
Thanks for offering Mark, I may take you up on the offer.
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i