Monticello Motor Club Full course, Friday Sept 24th 2010

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
ncoker

Post by ncoker »

Honestly, it is a nice track but with a lack of rhythm, in my opinion. With the dusty gravel paddock and the chaotic pit entrance, I wouldn't miss it.

Oh, I do like the fact that they have a flatbed tow truck :)

pm335

Post by pm335 »

ncoker wrote:Honestly, it is a nice track but with a lack of rhythm, in my opinion. With the dusty gravel paddock and the chaotic pit entrance, I wouldn't miss it.

don't forget the excellent PA system and the fact that the tent between the 2 paddocks is now gone. If you need anything (classrooms/restrooms/food etc) you need to walk past the south paddock to the new building.

kishg

Post by kishg »

pm335 wrote:
ncoker wrote:Honestly, it is a nice track but with a lack of rhythm, in my opinion. With the dusty gravel paddock and the chaotic pit entrance, I wouldn't miss it.

don't forget the excellent PA system and the fact that the tent between the 2 paddocks is now gone. If you need anything (classrooms/restrooms/food etc) you need to walk past the south paddock to the new building.
you forgot the 2 port-a-johns for the entire 2 paddocks.

RealM3E30

Monticello

Post by RealM3E30 »

I'll chime in on this one. How long did it take to get a car off the track for a mechanical ???? The last turn by pit in is a flying third gear turn for me, if I'm a little off speed it is second gear tire burning turn, wow thats fun, not. :x Nafi is right, it does not have rhythm, the far side opposite the paved pits is a giant auto cross course, I will pass, on the bright side, the grass is nice and green. R 8)

PS Kish was right, the job johnnie right next to the paddock, I was afraid someone was going to knock it over when I was in it. :shock:
Last edited by RealM3E30 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jnscaldwell

Post by jnscaldwell »

If I try to go through that hairpin turn in 3rd I might as well get out and push....it would probably be faster. Even with the 4.10 I had to go to 2nd to avoid getting eaten alive there. Down at the bottom of the "pit straight" at the entrance to the hammerhead I stayed in 3rd but it really lugged coming out of that sharp right hander. Probably should have gone to 2nd, but didn't. Oh well. 100% agree with Nafi and Bob...very little rhythm to the track. That fact notwithstanding, I had an absolute blast there and would return repeatedly if they continue to rent full course.
17 F15 X5 40e
17 F25 X3 28i MSport
11 E92 M3 ZCP
04 E46 325cic
93 E36 325is - JS #172
12 Ford F350 King Ranch dually

skierman64

Post by skierman64 »

kishg wrote:I'm betting they will change their plan next year when they are still short of cash. I wouldn't bother going unless it was full course.
+2...I can't imagine driving half the track after running full course 4 days this year (so far)

My favorite section of the track is from the end of the long straight through the tight esses and then along the straight with the 2 kinks. Once I got it figured out I was able to go flat out through this section (after the left hand part of the esses).