Independant Mechanics

This is the place to post any topics related to the NJBMWCCA Community that don't fall into the other categories.
bigbimmerfan

Independant Mechanics

Post by bigbimmerfan »

I'm looking for a good (I'd settle for pretty good) independant shop in the Hudson County vicinity. I took my car up to Motor Works West and had a good experience but it's just too out of the way for me to repeat. Does anyone know of a decent independant shop closer to Hoboken/Jersey City?

Thanks in advance,
-Leon

rumatt

Re: Independant Mechanics

Post by rumatt »

Sorry, I'm not sure about independent mechanic.

I'm considering taking my E30 to Motor Works west though? You had all good experiences there? Do you recommend I talk to anyone in particular?

Thanks.

bigbimmerfan

Independant Mechanics

Post by bigbimmerfan »

The owner's name is Dave Bogert. He's a very nice guy and seems to answer the phone and deal with the front counter most of the time. They are not cheap at $90 or maybe even $100/hour (they said they were raising rates soon) but seemed honest and only charged for the time they worked as opposed to the shop manual estimate for the repair. Certainly had a slew of beautiful bimmers in the shop and out back so others with nicer cars than mine trust them...

rumatt

Post by rumatt »

Thanks, I called and talked to dave and he seemed like a really nice guy. I'll be giving them a try.

Now, someone find bigbimmerfan another shop closer to Hoboken. :)

Plaz

Post by Plaz »

rumatt wrote:Thanks, I called and talked to dave and he seemed like a really nice guy. I'll be giving them a try.

Now, someone find bigbimmerfan another shop closer to Hoboken. :)
And one near Gillette for me. :D

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Rolf's in Summit?

rumatt

Post by rumatt »

Plaz wrote: And one near Gillette for me. :D

Hey, wait a minute... I know you from somewhere, but I can't remember where. :lol:

Plaz

Post by Plaz »

rumatt wrote:
Plaz wrote: And one near Gillette for me. :D

Hey, wait a minute... I know you from somewhere, but I can't remember where. :lol:

8)

ronn227

I've used Motor Works West

Post by ronn227 »