BMW Cell Phone Concern

This is the place to post any topics related to the NJBMWCCA Community that don't fall into the other categories.
frusso

BMW Cell Phone Concern

Post by frusso »

I am looking to pick-up another BMW Cpt 8000/p8767 cell phone for my vehicle. Is there a way to verify the cell phone has the BMW software in the phone before purchasing it? If so and you still have problems with communication with the vehicle then were do you bring the phone to be re-flashed or programed?

Thanks... Frank

RicardoVenegas

BMW Cellphone

Post by RicardoVenegas »

Frank,

Have you figured out what to do with your phone? What is your vehicle style and year? I recently installed a Bluetooth kit in a 2003 535iA Sport Touring and it works great. It is somewhat expensive, but it gives the whole BMW cell phone experience, allows you to choose your own phone, and cell phone service provider.

Send me a note if you would like more info.

Ricardo

frusso

Post by frusso »

Thanks Ricardo for your reply. I have thought about using bluetooth but only after all else has failed. I say this because my vehicle already has the BMW cell phone kit installed and I had been using the system until recently when my timeport was stollen. I have since found another one (BMW for Sprint) but have not received the phone yet. If I do have problems activating it with Sprint then yes I may switch to bluetooth. If you could send me some information.. great! My vehicle is a 2000 X5 with production date of 3/2000.

Thanks again for your help.

Frank

RicardoVenegas

Bluetooth for BMW sites

Post by RicardoVenegas »

The first site I would visit is www.x5world.com. They seem to be a pretty good X5 resource and have a section dedicated to Bluetooth. The next good resource is www.bimmernav.com and lastly, the Bluetooth specific forums on the Roadfly message board have quite a lot of history and messages specific to the BMW Bluetooth and X5s.

Ricardo

RAYADAM

Post by RAYADAM »

Frank, all you have to do is power up the phone and watch the screen.if it says BMW on it briefly (for a second or 2) ,it has the software. if it does not ,it'll probably come up with AT&T or Verizon instead.

Ray

frusso

Post by frusso »

Thanks Ray for the info.

Frank

frusso

Post by frusso »

Thanks Ricardo for those websites. Bluetooth, being the latest technology is something I'll consider.

Frank

badbadm

Post by badbadm »

FYI, here is the new Bluetooth microsite on BMWusa.com:

http://www.bmwusa.com/BmwExperience/BMW ... .htm?id=96