Club Racing school almost full

Use this forum to talk about club racing.
jwhite

Club Racing school almost full

Post by jwhite »

If any of you are still considering attending the Club Racing school at Summit Point, please register and submit payment right away. There are only 2 slots still open. You need to register on both the Club Racing website and here through the NJ chapter system.

Remember that we have Scott Hughes as our Chief Instructor as well as James Clay and Dave White, our friends from Bimmerworld, as additional instructors. This will be a great event.

Jeff

kishg

Post by kishg »

scott, clay and dwhite.. if that's not a club racing trifecta i don't know what is.. it's not going to get better than this.. someone grab those last 2 spots!!

Emre

Post by Emre »

Hi, Jeff.

After some 10 years instructing, I'm finally taking the plunge. Just sent in my preliminary application through the CR website. Hoping to hear back from you and Scott soon.

BTW, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to submit my payment electronically. I can mail out a check on Tuesday, but I hope I won't be too late.

Emre
Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

kishg

Post by kishg »

awesome emre. you are going to love it!!

Emre

Post by Emre »

kishg wrote:awesome emre. you are going to love it!!
Yeah, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. The only reason I hesitated slightly is that this is a track I don't know well. I would have preferred to do it at a circuit I know inside-out. That way I could focus on the race content without being distracted by the track itself.
Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

kishg

Post by kishg »

Emre wrote:
Yeah, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. The only reason I hesitated slightly is that this is a track I don't know well. I would have preferred to do it at a circuit I know inside-out. That way I could focus on the race content without being distracted by the track itself.
don't worry about it.. i did mine at mid-ohio which i'd never driven before. the exercises and the instruction are top notch, it won't be an issue.

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

Emre,

To submit payment you need to also register here at the NJ Chapter site:
http://www.njbmwcca.org/services/schedu ... ent_id=271

Once we have your payment, I will send you an acceptance email. Let me know if you have any problems.

Jeff

jnscaldwell

Post by jnscaldwell »

Emre wrote:
I did it at Mid Ohio as well, having never been there. You'll be fine. You wont be driving the school line anyhow, so as long as you know if it's a left or right coming up you're golden.

:D
17 F15 X5 40e
17 F25 X3 28i MSport
11 E92 M3 ZCP
04 E46 325cic
93 E36 325is - JS #172
12 Ford F350 King Ranch dually

Emre

Post by Emre »

jwhite wrote:To submit payment you need to also register here at the NJ Chapter site:
http://www.njbmwcca.org/services/schedu ... ent_id=271
EDITED: Done! Looks like I'm fully paid up. Now to order some new rubber; the tires on my E30 are in sad, sad shape.

BTW, lol at the "1976 Daihatsu Charade." I learned to drive on a mid-'80s Daihatsu Mira!
Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

Emre

Post by Emre »

Quick question: where do you guys stay down there? Do we have some kind of deal with a local hotel?

Just want to make sure I'm not too far from the action 8)
Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

Emre,

We have a block of rooms at the Comfort Suites in Martinsburg WV. $65 plus tax per night, includes breakfast. 304-263-8888. Mention the NJ BMW Club for the discount. It's about 20-25 minutes to the track from there. I see there is information about a hotel in Inwood elsewhere on the forum also.

Neil

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

OK everyone there is ONE slot left open. If you are considering the school., sign up now and reserve your place. It is hard to imagine a better group of instructors than Scott Hughes and the professional drivers from Bimmerworld.

Jeff

Emre

Post by Emre »

NeilE30 wrote:We have a block of rooms at the Comfort Suites in Martinsburg WV. $65 plus tax per night, includes breakfast. 304-263-8888. Mention the NJ BMW Club for the discount.
Booked. Thanks, Neil!
jwhite wrote:It is hard to imagine a better group of instructors than Scott Hughes and the professional drivers from Bimmerworld.
I can't wait :D
Emre (OO=[][]=OO) 318is

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

There is still one slot open for the Club Racing School. The registration was closed inadvertently but will remain open until Sunday. After the great talk that James Clay, Dave White et al. gave on Wed at BMW Mt Laurel, there should be no doubt that this will be fun.

See you there.

Jeff