Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Gearbox

VADER SEAT RE UPHOLSTERY

Post by Gearbox »

Hello all, I am gauging the interest of a "how to" pictorial essay on how to install new leather seat upholstery on a pair of Vader seats. This is my son's car, a 1996 M3 Boston Green with Modena leather. Despite my attempts to buy him a new car, he loves this car and does not want to part with it. So after searching for over a year, and investigating all the options from the Wet Okies and other "covers" available for these seats, it was apparent that the only hope was to re upholster the seats in new leather. But good luck finding a kit, spent numerious months searching and calling around with no luck. However, I finally stumbled on a upholsterer in Ca. which said he had the patterns. So after mailing color samples back and forth I now have the kit awaiting for installation. I've done numerious Porsches and will be doing my XKE seats around the same time, so I do not believe it should pose anything insurmountable, but you never know lol. I will be back in the US on 11/17 to get started on the project and if anyone would like to see this "how to" I will gladly post up the step by step pictures. I know how daunting this stuff can be for those who have never done it before (or if anyone has any interest) , but like everything else, you just have to dive in. I'm located in Westfield NJ so if anyone would like to stop by to see the progress, just let me know. Thanks Allan

95gizmo

Post by 95gizmo »

That sounds great! Thanks for your generosity.

I have always thought there must be a way to reupholster vaders. I would enjoy seeing the writeup with pictures. Seat upholstery seems like black magic to many of us but I'm sure that since I have tackled every other aspect of restoration and repair it's just another skill I would love to add to the kit.
1999 M3 coupe [titanium/black]
1995 M3 coupe [helrot/black] #33
1995 325ti [alaska blue/gray]