2001 E46 and BlueTooth

bstrain74

2001 E46 and BlueTooth

Post by bstrain74 »

I have an 01 E46 manufactured in June 2000. It's prewired for the cell phone option. I've been reading alot about the BMW BlueTooth wireless cell phone kit. It's supposed to hook up to your car, and you'll be able to use a bluetooth capable cell phone in your car, along with all the goodies, like caller-id, steering wheel controls etc. Has anyone installed this yet? Most posts I have seen on other websites say that the kit is for 2002 and newer??? Reason being is that the 2001 and older models have different connectors in the trunk and under the armrest. Some posts I have read say that people have purchased adapters for these connectors and have been able to get the bluetooth kit to work in 01 and older models. I'm interested in this because Verizon has finally released a bluetooth capable phone (Motorola V710). Anyone with some info on this whole scenario??

ASA330

Post by ASA330 »

www.e46.com and search there ... i know alot of people have done this .

bstrain74

Post by bstrain74 »

yeah, I've been to that web site many, many times. There is alot of information on there concerning Bluetooth, but much of the info was vague. Many people asking questions, not always getting definite answers. I took some pictures of the connectors I have in my trunk and under my armrest. I'll post that soon.

A company called EIS sells an OEM kit that I guess they modify somewhat? Here is what their web site says.

"Bluetooth Integration for your 99-03 Series
You can have the same BMW Bluetooth installation for your early 3 series even though BMW indicates your car is not supported. We cover all the E46s from the start of production thru model year 04. Our solution does NOT require replacement of the wiring harness, you do NOT need an external amplifier, nor do you need any re-coding at the dealer (even though other organizations may suggest otherwise). We include everything you need (even the microphone!) Also, purchase of the BMW installation kit (including the pairing button/ replacement cradle) are optional with our implementation thus reducing the cost even more. "

$605 for the kit.
2001 E46 (330Ci)
5-speed, jet black, gray interior, wood trim.
No major mods done yet but looking for some info/advice on cold air intakes, mufflers, and any electronics info, like bluetooth cell phone, ipod installation etc.

ASA330

Post by ASA330 »

not a bad deal.. post some pics when you get a chance...

bstrain74

Post by bstrain74 »

it seems like i cant just post pictures right to this forum, i have to upload them somewhere else first? I tried uploading my pictures to Yahoo! but they got resized and you wont be able to see the detail. Anywhere else I can upload pictures?
2001 E46 (330Ci)
5-speed, jet black, gray interior, wood trim.
No major mods done yet but looking for some info/advice on cold air intakes, mufflers, and any electronics info, like bluetooth cell phone, ipod installation etc.