Repair shop near Hillsborough

chrisg

Repair shop near Hillsborough

Post by chrisg »

Can anyone recommend a repair shop near Hillsborough? Can't seem to find any recommendations in this area in the forum. Thanks.

m20power

Post by m20power »

For what? There are plenty of good shops near-enough, depends on what needs to be done.

Bob
'11 335i Convertible - Street
'02 325Ci - Street
'97 M3 Coupe - Street
'17 340i - Wife's ride
No automatics!

chrisg

Post by chrisg »

I'm not looking for anything special, no high performance stuff, just a reasonably priced, trustworthy, high quality, BMW specific repair shop.

SmokeyDP

Post by SmokeyDP »

I live in Somerville and I've taken my BMWs to Bridgewater Central over on Finderne ave for anything that doesn't require special tools. For very complex jobs I go up to Maximum PSI in Linden, but its not worth the trip if its stuff like a starter, brakes, or other suspension stuff. Other than that, there aren't any 'BMW Specific' shops around this area. Denson's over on 206 specializes in VW and they know a decent amount about other German cars. It's a family owned operation.

The two guys who run the shop have owned it for almost 30 years and have all their Merc diesel certifications too. They will work on anything, but they used to race a E30 with a M3 motor that they built. My friend brings his E46 3 series there and they were recommended by someone who has their Audi's and Mercedes serviced there. I can honestly say that as picky as I am I have never had an issue with them.
2001 Phoenix Yellow M3:
Schrick cams-Custom Tune-Supersprint full exhaust - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - CSL front bumper

alken

Post by alken »

Closest to Hillsborough, I like Bill Denson (Denson's Auto Repair). He's on 206 in Somerville, just South of the Stop and Shop plaza. It's a little shop, but Bill knows BMWs well. I take my car there for a variety of routine maintenance.

If you're don't mind a bit further, Jake Freedman (Freedman Tire and Auto) on Rt. 27 in Edison is great with BMWs.

Both these shops have treated me well over the years.

Ken
ImageImage