What do you reccomend for summer tires for a 2001 525

davidfinch1

What do you reccomend for summer tires for a 2001 525

Post by davidfinch1 »

My brother In Law ask me about performance tires for a 2001 525. He priced Pilots, Dunlops, and Sumomotoes. Big difference in price. What do you guys recommend?

David

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

David,

My summer choices lately have been Bridgestone SO3 or Goodyear Eagle F1-GS3. I found the Bridgestones got noisy as they wore down. We have the Goodyears on Trisha's 528iT and have been happy with performance as well as wet grip. Sorry this doesn't directly answer your question.

Jeff

DanH

Post by DanH »

michelin XGT H4's have some good reviews. better question for you is how much are you looking to spend?

balticvid

Post by balticvid »

jwhite wrote:David,

My summer choices lately have been Bridgestone SO3 or Goodyear Eagle F1-GS3. I found the Bridgestones got noisy as they wore down. We have the Goodyears on Trisha's 528iT and have been happy with performance as well as wet grip. Sorry this doesn't directly answer your question.

Jeff
These were my two top choises also. I put on a set of Goodyear F1-GS3's.
Quiet ride. About 4000 miles on them. Great in the rain at limerock. That was the real test.
Couldn't be happier with them.
Regards, Walt.

DanH

Post by DanH »

i can hook you up with someone selling 4 ContiSports for $200. used but he's local so you can actually look at them before buying them:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... p?t=318354

figured it's worth a shot. i would have bought it but i missed that post and bought 2 new Pilot Sports 3 hours before hand. :( my loss but i might pick it up still.. just let it sit there since i just noticed my XGT Z4's are getting kinda thin.