Tires for 2000 E39 w/Sport Pack

hrgeprags

Tires for 2000 E39 w/Sport Pack

Post by hrgeprags »

I have a e39 with the sport pack, I am in need of new tires and am looking for recommendations on a new set. I currently have Pirelli P6 all seasons. I am looking for a summer tires since I have winter snows. I was thinking about Toyes but have heard they tend to be noisy.

Wiseguy

Post by Wiseguy »

Depends... what are you looking for out of the tires? A Quiet Ride? Something that's very agressive? Good tire life?

Your car should be using 235-45-17s.. there's a LOT of choices in that size. The P6s are not very agressive tires at all... if you are Ok with their level of performance you might want to look into something like a Michelin Pilot Primacy. A customer of mine with a 540i bought these, expensive but worth it. Another good choice would be, if money is a concern, something like a Kumho KH11 but I think they are being discontinued.

These are non-agressive summer tires that are designed to be quiet and comfortable and wear well. Useless in the snow but then you're going to run snows so no great shakes there. You could also look at something like a Continental ContiProContact, those ride very smoothly and are quite quiet, while they are all-seasons, the snows you have are still the way to go.

Hope this helps!

Bill