Glen Motor Inn opinions

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
nsx13

Glen Motor Inn opinions

Post by nsx13 »

Hello, I haven't stayed here before but I remember years back there was a bit to be desired. I also heard they have done some remodeling.

Anyone have any recent experience here and what did you think of the accomodations? Thanks.

dhellman

Glen Motor Inn

Post by dhellman »

I would say one of the better Watkins Glen hotels. Of course, that is not saying much. If you want nice, move out a town or two. I booked Glen Motor Inn and they would only accept a check for deposit, FYI

Hawaii on the Lake, that was downright comical.

zzzz

Post by zzzz »

"The Falls" hotel in Montour Falls is spotless and maybe closer than any other hotel to the track. The price has creeped up over the years and I believe it is up to about 90 /night but I still find it's worth it.

pete

nsx13

WGI Motels

Post by nsx13 »

Thanks for the replies, all. The Falls is booked for the dates I need in early May.

cbsmith

Glen Motor Inn

Post by cbsmith »

I use the Budget Inn in Watkins they are reasonable close to the track and town. 607 535 4600javascript:emoticon('8)')
Cool

rpob5t

Re: Glen Motor Inn

Post by rpob5t »

cbsmith wrote:I use the Budget Inn in Watkins they are reasonable close to the track and town. 607 535 4600javascript:emoticon('8)')
Cool
+1 on budget inn, rooms are clean (no need to bring your own sheets and bleach) and prices are reasonable, that and its right by the track (like a block or so from the valero at the bottom on the hill that takes you to the track).

FYI; if you are calling for the May 10th-11th GVC date I just booked a room there on thursday so it appears they still have room available.
Greg
04 mini cooper S -daily driver / 87 325is weekend track toy